IMPROVING MENTAL WELLNESS
Over many years, positive psychology has promoted the benefits of a positive mind set for improved mental health and wellbeing. The aim of the campaign is to promote mental wellness and to reduce the symptoms of depression. The Happiness HELPS concept consists of a set of practical daily actions to combat the negative emotional impact of depression and anxiety.
The acronym “HELPS” provides an easy-to-follow guide which can be used by everyone to promote and maintain their mental health.
HELPS stands for:
- Help others e.g. do random acts of kindness for others
- Exercise e.g. take the stairs instead of the lift
- Learn e.g. learn to say hello in a different language
- Play e.g. sing aloud along with the music
- Spiritual growth e.g. read your bible, pray